Monday, December 12, 2011

Am I supposed to take the skin off of the Salmon?

I bought two pounds of Salmon tonight at the Market, and on one side it's just pink, and on the other side there is dark grey skin. Am I supposed to cut that off or leave it on? I've never made it before. Also, when I marinade it with the Teriyaki sauce (a certain recipe I found) so I just pour it on it and then put it right in the oven or wait awhile? How do I tell if it is fully cooked too? Thanks!|||Leave the skin on BUT take the scales off.|||Leave the skin on as it will hold the flesh together and peels off easily in your plate. The marinade can be done as you choose but teriyake is too strong for salmon.. I use a bit of lemon juice and pepper. It is cooked when you take a fork and flake it easily.|||I love salmon skin so I would leave it on. I never marinate salmon, a few squeezes of lemon juice and and some salt %26amp; pepper and maybe a little bit of garlic. Cook at about 8-10 minutes per pound. The center should flake easily.|||some people like the skin and some people dont. i personally take it off. its rather easy just slide a sharp knife between the skin and meat and peel. with any meat that has a sauce it is always better to marinate overnight or for couple hours. this will just simply allow the flavors to fully set into the meat however it is not required. and salmon does not take long to cook at all. you chould know it's done when its firm too the touch and turns a very pale pink color. make sure too stick toothpick in the very middle of the meat, and if any white juices runs out then it is not cooked all the way.|||It is a lot easier to leave the skin on while cooking, not only so it won`t fall apart, but depending on the recipe, it will make the salmon taste even better. When serving, cut WITH the skin, again to prevent it from breaking, just make sure to not eat the skin.


Now, the teriyaki sauce can just be poured on and then baked, just as you said.


To make for a very flavorful salmon, try adding fresh or dried dill and some lemon slices, it will add nice texture and flavor to your Salmon guaranteed! :)


Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment