Thursday, December 15, 2011

Visa for China ? Please read.?

The school mistress of the embassy school said I would not


need a working permission to work at the embassy school


and that any visa would do for working at the embassy


school since the embassy school was not on Chinese


territory.


So , as naive as I am , I did come to China in terms of a


tourist visa since she did not offer anything that I coul d


present at the Chinese embassy in my country in order


to obtain another visa.





Arriving in China, I found out that I do need a working


visa or at least a business visa and that I can not


prolong the tourist visa, being in the country already.


So I "bought" the visa what I call the "Grey Market" since the school just refused to help me whatever. It was not cheap


but still cheaper than leaving the country to get my proper


visa and I had to work.





I am FURIOUS at the head mistress and school administaration leaving me entirely alone with the problem


I am aslo furious with myself.|||This is very common in China, I have taught and managed teachers for almost ten years now, it is part of the system as aggravating as it is, I see it every year, this year one of my teachers got a job with a "legal" school and they got him a visa through an agency, the visa says he works for Microsoft as a consultant, another one of my teachers is a real estate consultant, the system is stupid and frustrating, but, it is something you need to deal with and get over, I suggest if you want to avoid these issues, work for an International school, it will still be frustrating at times but a lot more organized, at least it should be, email me I can help you and give you some suggestions





I sent you an email, if the school is being run by Chinese this is common, if it is being run by the Europeans that work for the Embassey, than they must not know what they are doing and the school is most likely not legal and that is why they are not helping you with a visa, there are thousands of people here with "grey market" visas, if you are living in Shanghai you can check out www.visainchina. com, the chances of you getting in trouble are slim to none, b/c you do in fact have a visa, I have lived here for almost ten years and I do not know anyone with a "grey market" visa that ever got in trouble|||I gave you the appripriate answer to your problem when you posted this over a month ago. If your "Grey Market" visa isnt sanctioned by the PSB you can be arrested when you are trying to leave and at the very least pay a fine of 500 RMB for everyday over the expiry your orig. visa was up to 4,000 RMB. Visas are in national databases to be checked at the border.. If your "Grey Market" visa is one procured by a company like Emoo, than you should be reasonably fine.. Did you get the documentation you required for the Z-visa so the school could complete their residence formalities?





The school is responsible for providing the documents for you to obtain the proper visa.. They can be fined if you are not working on the proper visa.





Ignorance is not an excuse for your situation.. You should have researched this clearly.. Think about an illegal immigrant working in the USA and how mucg leeway they will get if caught..|||It seems that Tom is just advertising his business ? ? ?

No comments:

Post a Comment