Monday, December 12, 2011

How do I get rid of reappearing stains on carpets? Someone told me the stains on my carpet is mold...?

My carpet is like a terra-cotta color and the stains are grey patches. I know for sure the stains were not made by me because I live alone. I have tried almost every carpet stain remover (wet and dry forms) on the market. I also rented a carpet steamer and cleaned my carpet. The stains were gone for a few days and then they reappear. I also did not over-soak the carpet when I cleaned them. I moved the steamer at a rate of 1 foot per 1 second. Does everyone have any suggestions?|||I called a company that steamed my carpet and took out all of the soap that the rented machine put in. It was $99 with no hidden charges and the spots went away, FOR GOOD!! Look for a company that doesn't use soap and is truck mounted. The company i used even moved the furniture for free. Then you just get scotchguard to reapply to the carpet and I bet they don't come back.|||Sometimes the cleaners you use on your carpet take of the manufacturers sealant that may be on the carpet fibers. Now anytime you walk over that area the spots attract and hold dirt faster than the other areas, making them appear dirtier faster.


Clean the area again, not to saturation, then apply some Scotch Guard. Let dry and don't walk on it for a few hours.


Just be careful if you have to use a commerical cleaner or cleaning agents, they strip a lot off the carpet.|||You can try this guide http://www.allhomerepairsyourself.com/be鈥?/a>|||It may be in the pad under the carpet! It will come back while it dries.

No comments:

Post a Comment