Monday, December 12, 2011

How can you remove antique cherry colored varnish from a rug?

Had rugs steam cleaned and moved a"Martha Washington" table onto a rug I had not know the cleaners had already done.Whan I moved it back into place there were colored varnish marks. I tried; GoofOff, Oops, Gonezo,Resolve, Acetone and a variety of other ideas from people. My house is on the market for sale. They gotta go!!!!!!!!! Help! If anyone has an idea I would appreciate the feed back. Thank you, "K" from Southern New Jersey. Oh, the rug is a light grey color.|||you cant and if you try good luck. been there done that.|||I would try and use the oops cleaner but this time put some Shout Dye Catcher over it and hit the dye catcher with a hot iron, dont touch the rug with the iron, The heat should draw the stain into the dye catcher and pull the stain out. dont be affaid of soaking it some with OOPS and keep trying. change your catcher as needed. use the whole box if you have to. Use a stiff brush or hard thoothbrush to work the Oops in.

No comments:

Post a Comment