Thursday, December 15, 2011

How do I know if my camera lens is from the black market or not?

Ok. I got a Canon lens on ebay from an ebay store.


Every pic I've seen on the interent of this lens shows it as being black and white as did the pic on ebay.


When I got the lens today is was black and kinda the same tan as the old computers used to be.


It came with a Canon International Warrenty and everything say canon and looks authintic, but the color made me wonder. I've been told that if you get a camera and it is gray then it's black market so I wondered if this applied to lenses too?


It works really good and I'm happy w/ it but I just wondered if I had reason to worry about it?|||If your lens came with a USA warranty card, then it's probably not grey market.





If your lens came with an "International Warranty" with no USA warranty card, then it's likely to be grey market--that is, an import into the U.S. of a genuine Canon lens, but from a non-authorized importer.





Think of it this way: Canon USA is the official importer. If you went on an airplane to Japan and bought 10 lenses and put them in your suitcase and brought them back to the U.S. and sold them, you'd be a grey market importer because you're not the official importer.

No comments:

Post a Comment